2020 is coming New Year’s Day… and we hope you are coming too! Remember, it’s Maine’s original dip!
And it’s not just a Dip – it’s a day-long event. Post Dip party includes free buffet, live music, cash bar and fun, fun and more fun! Hundreds of our faithful will be on hand and we want you to be there to. It’s time to start making plans, forming teams, setting up your personal fundraising page and get ready for the 32nd annual Lobster Dip to benefit Special Olympics Maine! Bring a friend this year!
In 1988 members of the Portland Rugby Club organized the first Lobster Dip under the leadership of Head Lobster Rocky Frenzelli. We thank all of you who have stayed with us and with Maine’s “ORIGINAL” Dip throughout the years and welcome anyone new who would like to “take the dip!”
In 2019, Dippers raised over $100,000 dollars for our statewide, year-round program of sports training and athletic competitions for the more than 4,300 athletes with intellectual disabilities we serve across the state!
ALL Dippers must raise a minimum of $100. Those who do, and register properly, will receive a premium long-sleeved commemorative Lobster Dip t-shirt! Additional incentives will apply for additional funds raised-ALSO grand prizes for top fundraisers!
Here are the Specifics for the 2020 Event:
- What: Annual Lobster Dip to benefit Special Olympics Maine
- When: New Year’s Day – January 1st @ 12 Noon – sharp! Where: Old Orchard Beach in front of The Brunswick (39 West Grand Ave)
- And as always: The renowned “Post Dip Party” to follow at The Brunswick (food, cash bar, music, football &fun!)
Here’s How to Participate/Support: All NEW fundraising incentives again this year!
- Individuals – MUST raise a MINIMUM of $100. and register properly (add’l prizes/incentives for add’l funds raised)
- Teams – 5 or more dippers may register as a team (each team member MUST raise a minimum of $100.). Simply choose a team name & register under that team name.(Add’l prizes/incentives also apply based on funds raised)
- Costume Contest – NEW THIS YEAR: Ramp up the fun by coming in costume. Grand prize to the winner.
Don’t want to dip but still want to support? Donate Today! – Donate today by going to firstgiving.com/event/SOME/Lobster-Dip-2020 and click the donate button.
2 Steps to Properly Register
Setup an online Personal Fundraising Page:
- Go to www.firstgiving.com/event/SOME/Lobster-Dip-2020
- Click the Fundraising button
- Customize the text and the photo on your online Personal Fundraising Page and express your passions and your purpose.
- Email your Personal Fundraising Page link & share via social media networks with your family, friends, colleagues &/or anyone you think will help you with your fundraising goal.
All dippers must check-in prior to participating in the Lobster Dip. Check- in early to beat the rush or the day of the dip. Turn in cash/check donations and collect incentives. There are two ways to check-in:
- Pre-Check-In – Monday, December 30th, 2019 & Tuesday, December 31st, 2019 – check-in between 9 AM & 5 PM Special Olympics Maine State Office – 125 John Roberts Road – Unit #5 South Portland, ME 04106
- Check-In Day of Dip – Wednesday, January 1st, 2020 – check-in between 9AM & 11:30 AM, The Brunswick – 39 West Grand Ave, Old Orchard Beach, ME 04064
Lobster Dip Information Packet
- Lobster Dip Memo for 2020
- Lobster Dip Incentives 2020
- Lobster Dip Release Form 2020 (all dippers must complete & submit at Check-In)
- Lobster Dip 2020 Pledge Sheet
- Lobster Dip 2020 Team Poster
- Plan to arrive by at least 11:00 AM, even if you have pre-checked in – to allow time to find a parking spot and get into The Brunswick.
- Bring (beach shoes/old sneakers, etc.) to wear into the water, and a towel/blanket/robe for when you come out –limited changing areas.
- If you have pre-checked in, but have more money to turn in on Dip Day, you may do so that morning at Check in!