New Year’s Day – January 1st, 2023
Old Orchard Beach – in front of The Brunswick
Special Olympics Maine is inviting you back to the beach and to take the “Lobster Dip” for a great cause. Since 1988, Lobster Dippers have come together for a fun event and to raise much need funds for Special Olympics Maine. 2022 has been another trying year for most, including Special Olympics Maine and your support is needed to kick-off 2023 now, more than ever!
We thank all of you who have stayed with us and with Maine’s “ORIGINAL” Dip throughout the years and welcome anyone new who would like to “take the dip”!
Each participant must register in advance and fundraise a minimum of $100. Those who do, will receive the official 2023 commemorative Lobster Dip t-shirt! Participate as an individual or form a team (5+ participants)! Additional incentives will apply for additional funds raised—ALSO grand prizes for top fundraiser & top team!
Choose your option to participate below:
- Lobster Dip – take the “Dip” in-person on January 1st at The Brunswick. *CDC guidelines and state gathering protocols will be adhered to*
- Two “Dip” waves will be offered: 10:30 AM or 12:00 Noon (Select the specific wave that works best for you when you register!)
- Satellite Lobster Dip – For those that prefer not to gather on January 1st, individuals will have the option to take the “Dip” elsewhere (choice of location, at their own risk) on or before January 1st.
All participants must pre-register here through Panorama and setup a personal fundraising page. Panorama allows you to share your fundraising page, collect online donations, track your offline donations (cash & checks) you collect and input (recommended step to keep real-time fundraising totals). Panorama also provides real-time fundraising efforts for individual dippers and teams on the event leaderboard.
Any dipper who raises the following receives a… (view all incentive items here)
- $100-$249: Commemorative 2023 Lobster Dip T-shirt
- $250-$499: stay tuned
- $500-$999: stay tuned
- $1,000 or more: stay tuned
- Top Lobster – top INDIVIDUAL participant (Dipper or Roller) raising the most money over $1,000: 25 Liver Lobsters*
- Top Lobster Pot – Team of 5 or more dippers who raise the most money over $2,500: 50 Live Lobsters*
- All dippers that register by October 31st, 2022 will be entered into a drawing to win a $100.00 gift card to Kittery Trading Post
*Prize to be claimed between July – August 2023
How to Support:
Don’t want to take the dip but still want to support? Donate Today – support an individual dipper, a team or the event!
Share your fundraising page and let your family, friends, co-workers and your entire network know you are taking the Lobster Dip on your social media. #LobsterDip2023 #SpecialOlympicsMaine
- The Lobster Dip will adhere to COVID 19 CDC safety protocol and guidelines.
- Bring (beach shoes/old sneakers, etc.) to wear into the water, and a towel/blanket/robe for when you come out and clothes to change into in your vehicle –no changing areas.